Are you planning a family reunion? Are you trying to find a large enough venue to host your event? Here are some things you'll want to remember when it comes to planning either an indoor or outdoor family reunion and a couple of places to host it.
Family reunions can be large events where a number of people gather together at once. When it comes to planning one, you'll want to keep the following things in mind when coming up with a venue:
- If you have family members coming from all over the country, the venue chosen should be in as central of a location as possible
- If some members of the family have mobility challenges or are handicapped, ensure the venue has accessibility
- If cost is a factor for some members of the family, make sure the venue is affordable
- If there is going to be food involved, check with the venue if they prepare the food or if food can be brought in
- Bathroom availability is essential, and if there are babies who will be at the reunion, ensure there are changing stations available
As you keep the above in mind, here is one indoor and one outdoor place to potentially host the family reunion.
This is a great option, as wedding halls are set up to accommodate large groups of people. Most wedding halls provide catering services and a full service kitchen. For fun and entertainment, there is also often a DJ and a dance floor. You most likely won't have to worry about cleanup either, as most wedding halls also have janitorial services. A few more advantages of holding a family reunion at a wedding hall is that there are usually decorating, photography, and videographer services available as well.
If you would like to hold your family reunion outdoors, a community park is a great option. Most community parks allow you to bring your own food, and they also might have grills available for making your own food. Many community parks also contain playgrounds, volleyball nets, baseball diamonds, swimming pools, and walking trails which provides plenty to do for everyone. Most community parks also have adequate shelter in case of rain and picnic tables and other areas to sit and relax in the shade. Luscious green trees, beautiful flowers, and unique monuments provide plenty of great photo opportunities.
Whether you choose to stay indoors or venture outside, hosting your family reunion at a wedding hall or a community park is a great idea.